This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please see our full disclosure << here >> for further information.
Kefir is an excellent probiotic and nutritious yogurt drink. You can learn more about it and all the ways it can benefit and heal your body << here >>. Kefir has a variety of health benefits and has more strains of active bacteria than yogurt. You can even use kefir as a replacement for buttermilk in other recipes or use it in smoothies to add protein. Enjoy this Kefir Recipe and make your own Kefir today!
- large glass jar
- wooden spoon
- non-metal bowl
- 1 tbsp Kefir Grains
- 4 cups Whole MIlk
- Begin by thoroughly washing your jar and making sure that your work area is as clean as possible. You want to avoid random bacteria getting into your kefir.
- Put your kefir grains in your jar then pour the milk in. Stir until well mixed.
- Cover with your cheesecloth and secure in place either with the band for your jar lid or a few rubber bands.
- Allow to ferment in a dark, warm place for roughly 24 hours.
- You'll know that your kefir is properly fermented when the milk has thickened and separated into the white kefir and yellow-ish whey.
- Strain your kefir through the cheesecloth and into a bowl. Press through with your spoon until only the grains remain.
- Pour back into a sealable container and store in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Excited to try making your own Kefir following our Kefir recipe? Get Kefir Supplies from Cultures for Health Here:
Adding milk kefir grains (MKG) to fresh milk yields a delicious probiotic drink in ab… [More]
Making milk kefir at home couldn’t be easier with our Milk Kefir Starter Kit. This kit … [More]